Sorry, fun’s over. Admittedly pretty much all of you spotted immediately that the Haggis farm on Islay was an April Fools. But just in case you had any niggling doubts it might be true after all, it isn’t. No Haggis farm on Islay any time soon.
It wasn’t the only Islay related April Fools, Laphroaig also joined in with this product announcement:
Don't miss this limited edition souvenir. pic.twitter.com/cePgzYJR1q
— Laphroaig Whisky (@Laphroaig) April 1, 2017
Islay Ales announced the opening of an Artisan restaurant. Although it seems it was destroyed in a storm just hours later.
If there are any other Islay related ones I have missed please let me and other readers know via the comments.
Regular readers of this blog will know that April Fools jokes have a long tradition on this blog, here’s the obligatory list of the previous ones (on the old blog):
- 01/Apr/2007: Islay To Declare Independence
- 01/Apr/2008: Bridge to Link Islay and Jura!
- 01/Apr/2009: Blue Whale Spotted on Islay!
- 01/Apr/2010: Bruichladdich to open Portnahaven Islay Distillery
- 01/Apr/2011: James Bond Movie to be filmed on Islay?
- 01/Apr/2012: Apple Store on Islay House Square
- 01/Apr/2013: Ancient Illicit Distillery Discovered on Islay
- 01/Apr/2014: Islay man to take Laphroaig on mission to Mars
- 01/Apr/2015: Luxury hotel to be built above Machir Bay, Islay
- 01/Apr/2016: WhiskyLand™ theme park to be built on Islay
And that’s enough Islay April Fools. Let me see what I can come up with next year (it is getting more difficult…)